Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Daniel Craig Given the 'License to Save' By the United ...

Daniel Craig Given the 'License to Save' By the United Nations

Daniel Craig attends a conference after being named the UN Global Advocate for the Elimination of Mines and Explosive Hazards at the United Nations on Tuesday (April 14) in New York City.

The 47-year-old James Bond actor will be helping to raise awareness for the UN Mine Action Service (UNMAS).

Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon told Daniel, “As 007, you have a license to kill. Today, we are giving you a license to save. I am the eighth secretary-general, so I am 008. This means I have given him that mandate to save.”

“Along with moviegoers worldwide, I have been on the edge of my seat watching Mr Craig, as James Bond, defuse ticking time-bombs with seconds to spare,” Ban continued. “I am even more excited that Mr Craig has agreed to use his star power to draw attention to the noble causes of mine destruction and mine awareness.”

See the article here:
Daniel Craig Given the ‘License to Save’ By the United Nations

Source:

http://ift.tt/1ICJKtu



The Late News from http://ift.tt/1dkNYKl