Friday, April 24, 2015

The Bruce Jenner interview everyone's talking about. - Mamamia

The tell-all interview with Diane Sawyer has aired in the United States.

After months of speculation, horrifying tabloid covers and tacky rumours, Bruce Jenner has spoken about his transition.

Note: Bruce has indicated that he prefers to use the pronoun ‘he’ at this time.

In an exclusive interview with American journalist Diane Sawyer, 65-year-old Bruce, former husband to Kris Jenner, officially confirmed what many have been speculating for months – he is transitioning into a woman.

Bruce struggled to hold back tears as he said: “It’s going to be an emotional roller coaster but I’m going to make it through. I’ve been thinking about this day forever and what I should do with my life. How do I tell my story, how do I tell people what I’ve been through? I’ve been thinking about this day forever.”

She admitted to Diane Sawyer that he’s been running away from this revelation.

“I’ve tried to explain it to my children this way. God’s looking down making little Bruce. he’s looking down and he says, what are we going to do with this one. Let’s give him a soul of a female.”

Bruce Jenner interview

Straight out of the gate it is clear that Bruce deeply feels the weight of his decision.

“My brain is much more female than it is male.”

“I hate the phrase ‘girl stuck in a guy’s body.’ I’m just me.”

Diane asked the question whether Bruce was a woman and he replied, “Yes. For all intents and purposes.”

He’s keen to make a difference with his story: “What I’m doing is going to do some good and we’re going to change the world.” She regrets that she’s been treated like a joke for the last few years.

At 8 or 9 years-old, Bruce admits to trying on his sister’s dress. He admitted it made him “feel good”. Even today, she looks at women and thinks: “How lucky are they to wake up in the morning and be themselves.'”

Bruce makes clear that his transition is not about his sexuality. He is and has always been heterosexual: “Sexuality is totally different than what my issues are.”

Bruce says he doesn’t identify as gay: “No, I’m not gay. I’ve never been with a guy.”

Bruce admits to telling his first wife, Chrystie, he was confused about his gender. Though Chrystie was loving, she thought: “Like most women she thought ‘I can fix that.'”

Bruce claims that his gender issues was one of the big reasons why he broke up with his second wife, Linda, in 1984. He admits: “I wasn’t as fair as I should’ve been to the women i married. I’ve apologized to everybody. I’ve apologized my entire life.”

Related: Finally, a magazine cover of Bruce Jenner that isn’t demeaning.

bruce jenner confirms transitionBruce Jenner. Image via Getty.

Rumours began circulating about the former Olympian’s gender change when he underwent surgery to shave down her adam’s apple in 2013. Before tonight, no member of the Kardashian/Jenner family has confirmed his transition, except that time Kendall accidentally definitely did to US Weekly and then backpedaled faster than you can say “Kendall, you just screwed up a multi-million dollar TV deal with Diane Sawyer, you IDIOT.”

Try this: Magazine retracts quotes Kendall Jenner made about Bruce Jenner’s ‘transition’.

In fact, when asked at the end of last year, both Kim and Kris publicly denied Bruce’s transition, saying the rumours were completely fabricated.

bruce jenner confirms transitionBruce with Kim, Kendall, Kylie, Kourtney and Khloe. Image via Instagram.

Kim later came out earlier this year and hinted at a confirmation, saying he’s the “happiest” she’s ever seen him.

“I think everyone goes through things in life, and I think that story and what Bruce is going through, I think he’ll share whenever the time is right,” she said at the time.

“I feel like that’s his journey to talk about.”

Read more: Kim Kardashian addresses Bruce Jenner transitioning rumours.

In a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight, Kim said:

“As a family we always support each other 100 per cent and I know that I see things online that there is this divide and this one doesn’t support this and this one doesn’t support this and you know it’s all ridiculous and it’s all rumors and we love everyone in the family and we support everyone equally so we’re excited to watch tonight and I’m excited for Bruce to tell his story on Diane Sawyer.”

Her statement quashing rumours of upset in the Kardashian-Jenner clan.

In the day’s leading up to the interview, Bruce’s second wife Linda Thompson took to social media to share her encouragement of the former Olympian. Thanking her for being an ambassador for people struggling to be who they really are.

Once a champion of Olympian magnitude…now a champion for those who share the struggle to just be who they are. #compassion #acceptance #tolerance #education #evolution #kindness #inclusion #freedom #peace

A photo posted by Linda Thompson (@ltlindathompson) on Apr 24, 2015 at 9:10am PDT

On Twitter, she posted a series of inspirational hashtags, a long with a link to the preview for the Diane Sawyer exclusive.

LindaThompsonTW(Image via Twitter)

Kylie Jenner, Bruce’s youngest daughter, posted this photo (below) on Instagram with the caption, “daddy throwback #tonight #DianeSawyer #ABC #love.”

kylieinstabruceThrow back Bruce Jenner. (Image via Instagram)

With today’s confirmation, we’re all just hoping Bruce can finally begin living his new life in peace.

Source:

http://ift.tt/1OQDfVP



The Late News from http://ift.tt/1dkNYKl