Tuesday, August 25, 2015

ASHLEY JACKSON TALKS NEW MUSIC, HER FAMOUS DAD AND ...

Jackson 1Ashley Jackson hit the music industry in a big way with the release of her single ‘Fleek.’ Many were excited to hear from the youngest daughter of Reverend Jessie Jackson, and numerous listeners gave positive reviews for the song. Although her music career is heading in the right direction, Ashley tells Rolling Out that she would like to hone in on her sound before releasing a full album.

“I would like to,” says the artist of releasing a full record debut. “Right now, I’m kind of working on getting my sound together, but ultimately I’d like to put out an entire body of work — an album. So I’m going to look into that very soon,” shares Ashley.

The 16-year-old is also preparing for her final year of high school and has big plans in terms of college. “I’m looking at Spelman, Howard, and Georgetown, but I don’t really know exactly where I want to go yet,” Although unsure of where she’d like to attend school, Jackson is pretty set on her college major. “I was thinking about majoring in business. I do music and I’m trained in acting and music professionally, so I figured why not go to school so I can further myself in something new other than continuously learning those things?”

Broadening her horizons through hard work is definitely something that Ashley gets from her dad. “Seeing him work for the better good of people — that’s what I really want to do,” shares the teen. “He’s taught me to make sure that everything I do is for making sure that somebody else has a better day, or even if I see someone on the side of the street that looks hungry, go give them a sandwich. It’s just the little things. You want to make sure that you’re always helping other people out.”

Check out Ashley Jackson’s music video for ‘Fleek’ below!

The post ASHLEY JACKSON TALKS NEW MUSIC, HER FAMOUS DAD AND MORE appeared first on Black Celebrity Kids.

Visit link:
ASHLEY JACKSON TALKS NEW MUSIC, HER FAMOUS DAD AND MORE

Source:

http://ift.tt/1JUYKIi



The Late News from http://ift.tt/1dkNYKl